Centerville Abington Community Schools
Centerville-Abington Community Schools, in partnership with families and the community, educates all students to be lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
Our Guiding Principles
- Schools provide a safe, caring, and respectful learning environment.
- Schools foster a climate for understanding diversity and prompting personal responsibility
- Technology will continue to be used to support teaching and learning as a tool to foster inquiry, reflection, research, and problem solving.
- Schools educate students to “learn how to learn” in an ever-changing world.
- Using the state standards, schools provide a variety of education experiences and resources for Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12
- School promotes wellness for students, staff and the community.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS
Centerville-Abington Schools has a long history of being one of the highest performing schools in Wayne County and in East Central Indiana. The Indiana Department of Education has designated all of our schools as “Four Star School’s” this means that our schools score in the Top 25% in the state. We are the only school corporation in Wayne County to receive this designation in each school.
The school corporation has received an “A” grade from the state for our quality of schools for two years in 2011 and 2012. Digger.com rates Centerville-Abington Community Schools 17th out of 313 Indiana school corporations. We are the only school in Wayne County that is district accredited through AdvancED/NCA and the seventh school in the state to be so accredited in 2007. The rigor of a district accreditation indicates that Centerville-Abington Community Schools can compete academically with the best in the state. We offer a wide range of Advanced Placement programs and also an academically talented program. Our students attend The Whitewater Technical Center which is one of the best career programs in the state. Because of the eight block schedule, our students are also able to utilize post-secondary classes at Ivy Tech, IU East, Purdue at IU East and Earlham College. Students are able to take classes, which we do not offer, with our online classes through PLATO.
Our school also provides excellent extra-curricular facilities and activities. Our schools offer many activities that other schools in the area do not provide. We offer soccer, swimming, and bowling and our music programs are excellent. We also provide before and after school childcare from 6:00 a.m. until school starts and from after school until 6:00 p.m. in each elementary school.
Centerville-Abington Community Schools provides a small school atmosphere with big school offerings and we are proud of our schools in being able to provide our community with these opportunities.
AdvancED/NCA District Accredited since 2007
Enrollment 2016-2017 – 1,717 students
Graduation Rate – 94.2%
Attendance Rate – 96.1%
Free and Reduced percentage – 38.5%
- Newspaper Marching, Jazz and Symphonic Bands
- Yearbook Choir and Show Choir
- Green Club Drumline
- French Club High and High School Guard
- Spanish Club Musical Play – Spring
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes Play – Fall
- Key Club
- Leo Club
- National Honor Society
- State Foreign Language Competition
- Science Fair
- Spell Bowl
- History Club
- Math Club
- Student Council
- Eastern Indiana Model Legislature
- Academic Team
- Volunteer tutoring
- Career Internship Program