Slitter Operator - 2nd Shift (Monday - Friday, 3PM to 11PM)Position Title: Slitter Operator - 2nd Shift (Monday - Friday, 3PM to 11PM)
Posted: September 10, 2021
Website: View Website
Transcendia is a leader in custom engineered materials for critical product components in a wide range of markets and applications. The company provides deep material science expertise, outstanding customer service through broad geographic coverage and trusted product reliability.
The primary responsibility of this position is to set up and operate slitting machines; to cut film to specified widths, lengths and diameters in a way that meets or exceeds standards for safety, quality and productivity.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area/warehouse
- Maintains a safe working environment by following all company safety policies and procedures and reports unsafe conditions and incidents, while maintaining quality standards
- Maintains company's quality standards and follows computer procedures to handle damaged material and quarantine material
- Installs and aligns shear or razor blades for slitting feedstock materials
- Starts machine, adjusts blade and controls, using wrenches, rulers, gauges, templates or other tools, and monitors operation
- Tests and adjusts settings as required for producing according to specification
- Selects, cleans, and installs spacers, lay-on bars, sleeves, and blades to set machine up to run in conformance to specifications
- Reads production schedule, customer specification, and other documents to determine set up or adjustment of equipment
- Threads feedstock from reel through slitter and secures on rewinder
- Observes machine operation and examines rolls for flatness, holes, surface and other defects
- Measures dimensions of rolls using tape measure, gauge, template, ruler and square, for conformance to specification
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full Time
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three years of experience preferred
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Ability to multi task and read production tickets
- Ability to perform math calculations including fractions
- Must be able to read tape measure, including micrometers
- Must be computer literate
- Must be dedicated to continuous improvement
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stretch, or stand for extended periods of time
Transcendia is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: High School Diploma or equivalent and/or 1 to 2 years of experience
How To Apply: www.transcendia.com
$17.00 plus per hour based on experience and knowledge.
2nd Shift pays .25 cent per hours Incentive
Full benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Holiday, Personal Time, Vacation Time, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program and discounts.
View All Jobs From Transcendia