Public Safety OfficerPosition Title: Public Safety Officer
Posted: May 20, 2021
Company: Earlham College
Website: View Website
Industry: Law and Public Safety
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Public Safety Officer in the Department of Public Safety.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Patrol and observe all areas of the campus.
Assist in maintaining a safe environment for students, employees and visitors.
Secure and protect the buildings, equipment and other assets of the College.
Provide prompt, qualified assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations
Perform parking enforcement.
Perform investigations of incidents and prepare detailed accurate incident reports.
Monitor and respond to all campus alarm systems (fire, security, etc.).
· Answer all Public Safety phones (emergency and non-emergency) and initiate necessary response.
· Answer incoming calls received through the campus switchboard and forward to appropriate office or provide information as needed.
· Monitor all campus alarm systems (fire, security, etc.).
· Maintain necessary communications with patrol officers, as well as local law enforcement, fire department and emergency medical personnel as needed.
· Maintain necessary shift logs.
· Utilize departments computer records management system for reports and data entry.
· Provide front desk assistance to students, employees and visitors of the College, which may include but not be limited to issuing parking permits, ID cards and keys.
Please send a letter of application that addresses the various responsibilities of the position, resume, and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF file to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment is contingent on a background check.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience & Qualifications
Attainment of high school diploma or GED.
Experience in the human services field, first responder/emergency response or a related field is preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to comprehend and maintain a working knowledge of departmental rules and regulations.
Ability to think and act quickly and professionally in sensitive situations.
Ability to work cooperatively with other Public Safety staff, College employees and local law enforcement officials.
Ability to work and communicate well with college-aged adults in a multicultural environment.
Ability to work on an on-call basis to cover mandatory minimum staffing needs as they arise.
Computer proficiency required.
Applicants with previous First Responder experience will be strongly considered.
Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team setting with minimal supervision.
Neat and organized work style, excellent phone etiquette skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: entry level
How To Apply: email@example.com
This is a Full-Time, hourly staff position (Min 40 hours per week) with a $15/hr. pay rate and full benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Paid Vacation/Sick Time
· Access to Wellness Center
· Admission to Campus Events
· Tuition Remission Program available upon completion of 2 years employment
This position works Night Shift 6:00 PM-6:00 AM. Officers primarily work 12 hour shifts on a 3-2-3-2 rotation with every other weekend off. Officers may be assigned to other shifts as needed.
View All Jobs From Earlham College