Heat Relief CoordinatorPosition Title: Heat Relief Coordinator
Posted: May 7, 2021
Company: City of Richmond, Indiana
Website: View Website
In order to be considered for this position a City of Richmond application must also be completed. Applications can be picked up in person at the Richmond City Building in the Human Resources Department or accessed through our website, https://www.richmondindiana.gov/opportunities
Job Type: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Facilitate the City’s heat management task force.
● Conduct a community needs assessment, to include focus groups, a before and after community survey, heat management observations, coordinating volunteers to develop a temperature map in partnership with a third party, and other tasks, as required.
● Use the completed Hoosier Resilience Index Readiness Assessment as a guide for engagement and strategy.
● Develop a heat management strategy for city operations and community needs.
● Design and distribute educational materials to inform residents about the dangers of high daytime and nighttime temperatures and ways to cope.
● Implement short-term actions from the heat management strategy, which could include vulnerable population outreach programs, training for local health professionals and emergency management staff, researching options for suspending utility shutoffs during heat waves, publishing a list of cooling centers and transportation plans, writing a heat wave response protocol, and climate responsive community design projects, among others.
● Develop relationships with local partners such as the Wayne County Emergency Management Agency, Reid Health, and the Wayne County Health Department to achieve strategic goals.
● Participate in educational webinars and other Beat the Heat program events.
● Give presentations on project progress and accomplishments.
● Evaluate program success.
● Identify program continuity strategies.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry
How To Apply: www.richmondindiana.gov/opportunities
$37,000 annually plus benefits
View All Jobs From City of Richmond, Indiana