Farmers Market CoordinatorPosition Title: Farmers Market Coordinator
Posted: May 3, 2021
Company: City of Richmond, Indiana
Website: View Website
Industry: Government,Advertising and Marketing
In order to be considered for this position a City of Richmond application must also be completed. Applications can be picked up in person at the Richmond City Building in the Human Resources Department or accessed through our website, https://www.richmondindiana.gov/opportunities
Job Type: Full Time
MARKET COORDINATOR DUTIES
● Attend all Advisory Team meetings and markets or make arrangements for any absences as reliability is priority in this position.
● Maintain appropriate market records, policies, procedures and reports, including, but not limited to:
○ Monthly reports to the Advisory Team and Park and Recreation Board (including each market’s number of vendors and estimated customers)
○ SNAP Reporting
● Create, compile, and assess statistical information gathered through surveys or analysis
● Coordinate, promote, and administer funding/grant programs to support specialized activities.
● Publicize and promote the market and vendors in any way possible to attract market goers and let the community know what is being provided.
● Develop and enhance outreach, prepare weekly communication with vendors, and act as ambassador for the market including fielding complaints to the Advisory Team.
● Recruit and select vendors including conducting appropriate farm visits.
● Select and schedule entertainment and arrange contracts.
● Coordinates special activities, such as workshops, demonstrations, etc.
● Oversee the Market during market hours:
○ Prepare market site: place barricades in place, arrange for illegally parked cars to be towed.
○ Facilitates set-up and breakdown of the market including Market Coordinator booth, site layout, vendor placement, etc, and help to resolve any problems that arise.
● Enforce market rules and regulations, including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations as well as signage requirements.
● Serve as the liaison to the Wayne County Health Department, Wayne County Food Council and other groups on behalf of the market.
● Collect fees from vendors and prepare deposits.
● Operate SNAP double dollars program.
● At the end of market operations, remove barricades from the street, facilitate the removal of trash and litter, and other tasks necessary to return the market site to a clean and safe state.
● Maintain a clean and attractive marketplace that is safe and welcoming to customers and vendors.
● Lead end of season market evaluation and goal setting for the next season.
● Follow all purchasing and respective policies and procedures set forth by the City of Richmond and the Richmond Parks and Recreation Department.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Mid Level
How To Apply: www.richmondindiana.gov/opportunities
$34,110.00 per year plus benefits
View All Jobs From City of Richmond, Indiana