Extruder Operators - Various ShiftsPosition Title: Extruder Operators - Various Shifts
Posted: April 28, 2021
Website: View Website
Transcendia is a leader in custom engineered materials for critical product components in a wide range of markets and applications. The company provides deep material science expertise, outstanding customer service through broad geographic coverage and trusted product reliability.
To perform tasks necessary to efficiently control the operation of extrusion line from raw material input to finished product.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area/warehouse
- Maintains a safe working environment by following all company safety policies and procedures and reports unsafe conditions and incidents
- Maintains company’s quality standards
- Operation of the extrusion line and its operational functions which would include but not limited to; machine set-up, films and resins, color concentrates and/or additives, production speeds (input or output), start and stop functions, change over, down times, die and screw tear down, screen pack, line specific tools and proper lock out/tag out procedures
- Maintain extruded product to required gauge, length, width, bond strength, and color, dyne, maintaining surface finish or identifying surface defects and performing quality control tests required. This includes double check and data collection procedures currently in place
- Transfers data to the daily production log book, quality control documents or forms used in the production process
- Follow the production schedule and other related documents necessary to produce and meet customer orders including those with instructions
- Communicate line malfunctions in a timely manner to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimal
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full Time
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or 1-2 years of experience
- Forklift certification
- Ability to read production ticket
- Ability to work at an accelerated pace
- Ability to perform math calculations; and measure using measuring tape or other instruments
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be computer literate
- Must be dedicated to continuous improvement
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stretch, or stand for extended periods of time
Transcendia is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: High School Diploma or equivalent and/or 1 to 2 years of experience
How To Apply: www.transcendia.com
$17.00 to $19.50 per hour based on experience and knowledge.
Weekend shifts pay $1.00 to $2.00 more per hour as incentive for work weekend days or nights.
Full benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Holiday, Personal Time, Vacation Time, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program and discounts.
View All Jobs From Transcendia