Maintenance Electrician - Days - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday, 7AM to 7PMPosition Title: Maintenance Electrician - Days - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday, 7AM to 7PM
Posted: April 28, 2021
Website: View Website
Industry: Manufacturing,Maintenance - Industrial
Transcendia is a leader in custom engineered materials for critical product components in a wide range of markets and applications. The company provides deep material science expertise, outstanding customer service through broad geographic coverage and trusted product reliability.
Safely installs, troubleshoots and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Is familiar with the Basic Safety Process to include: Basic hand tool safety, basic electrical safety, Hot Work Permits (HWP), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO), Safety Work Permitting (SWP), contractor indoctrination, fire extinguisher use, and Confined Space Entry (CSE). This list is not all inclusive.
Reviews, repairs and maintains safety requirements on all Transcendia electrical and electronic equipment
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs minor programming of PLCs
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains machine drive systems (specifically Allen-Bradley, Parker, and Yaskawa)
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains oven controls such as PID loops
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains 3-phase AC/DC circuits (Single and 3 phase up to 480 volts) and electrical systems, motors, breakers, starters, switches and overloads
- Installs power supply wiring and can demonstrate proficiency running conduit for existing and newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors, and programmable controllers
Aids in identifying recurrent maintenance items and communicates recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Complies with NEC 70E Arc Flash Hazards and NFPA 70E for electrical safety to include always wearing required PPE
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains mechanical items when needed
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining HVAC equipment and operation and a plus
- Review, initiate, enter data and close current preventative maintenance program
Dismantle, relocate and install with production equipment
- Answers maintenance calls in a timely, professional fashion and assists with production start-up and troubleshooting during operation of production equipment
- Able to observe equipment to ensure it is operating to OEM standard or production satisfaction
Performs routine PM’s, repairs, rebuilds and modifications on all equipment assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full Time
- Associates degree in a related field, or 1-2 years of related experience/training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience maintaining equipment in a plastic extrusion atmosphere a plus
- Experience and knowledge in electrical requirements and standards
- Experience with machine drive systems (specifically Allen-Bradley, Parker, and Yaskawa)
- Experience with oven controls such as PID loops
- Experience with 3-phase electrical system, motors, breakers, starters, and overloads
- Experience with AC/DC circuits, single and 3 phase Power systems with voltage up to 480 volts
- Experience with NEC 70E Arc Flash Hazards, NFPA 70E Electrical Safety, and required PPE
- Experience with HVAC equipment and operation
- PLC training is a plus
- VFD training is a plus
- Must possess good problem-solving skills, be a critical thinker, and strive for first time quality maintenance
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer knowledge
- Willingness to work as team member or independently.
Transcendia is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: • Associates degree, or 1-2 years of related experience/training; or combination of education/experience
How To Apply: www.transcendia.com
Reference Code: 2426
$22.18 to $33.33 per hour based on experience and knowledge.
Full benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Paid Holiday, Personal Time, Vacation Time, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program and discounts.
View All Jobs From Transcendia