Plant PlannerPosition Title: Plant Planner
Posted: April 26, 2021
Company: Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc
Website: View Website
Industry: Manufacturing,Maintenance - Industrial,Maintenance - General
The Plant Planner position is responsible for developing the daily production schedules in alignment with Customer Service and Operational requirements. In addition, the Plant Planner maintains vendor relations and manages the supply/availability of raw and packaging materials to support the production schedules.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop weekly/daily/monthly production schedules from the Master Schedule working through team. Develop capacity strategy for the site.
- Manage and coordinate manufacturing needs to insure that the plant is adhering to production schedules while minimizing labor cost and meeting cycle-time inventory (CTI) goals.
- Review demand from SAP/APO to develop a production schedule to meet customer demands where appropriate; logistics and capacity constraints and Operations/Making parameters. Ensure that the plan will deliver Customer Service while balancing Plant Performance.
- Oversee inventory of finished goods, and oversee ordering raw and packaging materials to support production requirements, service needs and working capital objectives. Manage finished good inventory not released by Quality and coordinate operational activities required for release.
- Manage raw and packaging materials coverage in order to maintain inventory levels.
- Ensures data integrity of SAP/APO to include demand, inventory levels, BOMs, and material masters. Ensure that the plant is adhering to the Planning FP&R Standard.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Supply Chain in order to plan for changes and new development in the workplace.
- Maintain open lines of communication with key vendors and sharing information relevant to changes in the business to continue the development of the partnership.
- Ability to conduct/facilitate weekly scheduling and monthly capacity meetings
- Timely reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs) to include schedule adherence, case fill, and inventory returns.
- Participate on the Vendor Continuous Improvement Teams representing the Supply Chain Team.
- Support plant initiatives through involvement of activities/functions outside of Materials Planning
Job Type: Full Time
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
A minimum of a B.A./B.S. degree; business, engineering, logistics, planning or related field required
Proficiency in Excel required
Experience applying analytical skills preferred
Working knowledge of logistics and manufacturing systems required
Preferred qualifications include:
2+ years planning and/or logistics experience in a manufacturing environment
Expected Areas of Skills
Planning and organization skills
Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate and express ideas with other team members
Ability to demonstrate leadership, technical, and analytical competencies
SAP R3 system experience required
Leadership Competencies (Should match the Colgate Global Competencies – Up to 3)
Teamwork and collaboration
Functional Competencies (Should match the Colgate Global Competencies – Up to 3)
Communication and Operation Systems
Working Relationships (Key partnerships and reporting relationships)
Does this position supervise: Yes
Technicians and Direct Reports
Operations Team Leader
Expected percentage of travel: Up to 5%
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: experienced
How To Apply: https://jobs.colgate.com/
- Competive Salary
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for employee and eligible dependents- starting on day 1
- Dental - in network restorative procedure covered at 100%, and up to $5,000 in orthodontics
- Basic Life Insuranance for you and eligilbe dependents at NO cost
- 3 weeks of Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays
- Result-based bonus program (up to 10%)
- Saving & Investment plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance - up to $10,000 per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounted Company products
View All Jobs From Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc