General Operator - Must be 18 Years OldPosition Title: General Operator - Must be 18 Years Old
Posted: April 16, 2021
Company: Johns Manville
Website: View Website
Johns Manville's Insulation Systems facility located in Richmond, IN is hiring a General Operator who enjoys being part of a team environment. The General Operator works under the general supervision of the shift supervisor, overseeing the operation of the bagger machine to maximize productivity while maintaining safety and quality standards. The Richmond, IN plant produces high volumes of quality blown wool insulation for contractors and retail customers.
Role is working 8-hour shifts, 7 on 2 off/7 on 2 off/7 on 3 day weekend off with starting pay of $16.58/hr. + $.40-.60/hr. shift differential for any hours worked between 3 pm and 7am.
Your Day to Day:
· Advocates and follows safe work practices; reports hazardous conditions immediately; maintains security procedures; and wears protective clothing as required.
· Cleans work areas and equipment, as needed. Keeps work area in a neat and orderly manner.
· Monitors and observes the equipment for proper operation and takes corrective action when problem is detected.
· Assists with outage work, including but not limited to cleaning of ducts, chains, fans, collection chamber, pit, equipment, etc. during and as downtimes occur.
· May utilize fork/clamp trucks, as needed. Filling a propane tank.
· Hand taping and stacking when stacker and sealer equipment is down.
· Maintains bag house by changing and dust bags as required.
· Performs painting duties, as directed by Shift Supervisor.
· Loads empty 55-gallon drums and/or scrap material into open top container.
· Operating of push sweeper.
· Cleaning out of side chambers on bagging equipment.
· Operating manual stretch wrapper equipment.
· Trains less experienced personnel, as needed.
· Performs janitorial duties and general facility cleanup.
· Relieves other employees for breaks and lunch periods, when needed.
· Performs blend/ reefed duties as directed.
· Performs recycling duties as required by the guidelines.
· Sorts and fills bags on the bagger unit.
· Assists and/or unplugs baggers when needed.
· Keeps units supplied with full boxes of bags.
· Performs other work as required or directed by Shift Supervisor.
Job Type: Full Time
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Follow instructions, policies and procedures
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn and adjust to change
- Pays attention to details and communicates well
- Ability to get along well with others
- Proven ability to learn new technology and equipment operation
- Physically able to perform essential job functions
- Must be respirator ready
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: www.jm.com/careers
Reference Code: Richmond, IN
Starting pay of $16.58/hr. + $.40-.60/hr. shift differential for any hours worked between 3 pm and 7am.
This position offers:
· Competitive Shift Premium
· Overtime Differential
· Continuous Incentive plan annual as a percentage of their total gross earnings based on plant performance
· Paid Vacation
· 12 Paid Holidays
· Benefits Package: medical, vision, dental and life insurance for employees and their dependents
· 401(k) plan that includes company contributions
· Education Reimbursement Program (after one years' service)
· Gym Reimbursement Program
· Career Growth Opportunities
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
View All Jobs From Johns Manville