MaintenancePosition Title: Maintenance
Posted: April 13, 2021
Company: Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc
Website: View Website
Industry: Manufacturing,Maintenance - Industrial,Maintenance - General
Responsible to provide on-shift technical support to operations for installation, maintenance, troubleshooting of the facilities plant floor control system. This position will also provide innovation and support for continuous improvement projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots, repair and preventive maintenance as required to ensure equipment reliability. Completes work orders as scheduled and document in SAP in timely manner.
- Maintain PLC programs to support the day to day operation of the facility.
- Work closely with Maintenance and Operator Technicians on shift to assure that they are properly trained in the use of the plant control systems. Work with Controls Programming team to solve advanced system related problems. Provide on-shift technical support.
- Reviews equipment instructions, blueprints, electrical, and pneumatic schematics to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment and nature of technical problem. Develops, documents training materials to support training needs.
- Work on Continuous Improvement projects throughout the entire plant and troubleshoot system failures to determine root cause analysis and drive innovative resolution. Participates in structured group or team activities related to line/area performance improvement e.g. autonomous maintenance (AM), housekeeping, problem solving etc.
- Support the implementation of instrumentation and control projects.
- Maintain WonderWare SCADA software to support plant operations projects and change controls.
- Complete calibration of plant instrumentation and controls systems.
- Work in conjunction with the Controls Programming team to maintain the facility PLC network (hardware and software).
- Understand and comply with Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety. Identify and report Food Safety issues to management.
Job Type: Full Time
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
3+ years of industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant or an associate’s degree in a related field
5+ years of manufacturing experience
Working knowledge and interpretation of WonderWare software, PLC and electrical schematics
Troubleshooting, physical dexterity, understanding of electrical circuits, wiring diagrams and problem solving.
Advance electrical skills; basic PLC troubleshooting skills
Intermediate computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Ability to work an off-shift work schedule or weekend if needed
Preferred qualifications include:
Technical certification in Electronics / Technology
2+ years working experience in electrical schematics
Knowledge of electrical engineering technology, including industrial instrumentation, electrical power and security systems.
Knowledge of MSsql, Industrial SQL, AB Panelview, Sigmatek PLC and Operator interface
Expected Areas of Skills
- Ability to troubleshoot batching and continuous process control logic (ladder logic).
- Utilize Active Factory as an aid to troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to teach, coach and mentor facility operations and maintenance resources.
- Ability to adjust schedule to fit project startup and production needs
- Knowledge of PLC equipment, instrumentation, valves, pumps, blowers, measuring systems and application in pet food manufacturing
- Review blueprints, project instructions, electrical & pneumatic schematics during troubleshooting, repair or project work.
- Utilize internet as a research engine to support troubleshooting instrumentation and control systems.
- Stay abreast on technology innovation and best practices in the industry
- Ability to communicate effectively
Does this position supervise: No
- Ability to bend, climb, crawl, and work in confined spaces, and work in hazardous condition spaces for up to twelve hours per day.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions with temperature ranges from cold to hot and humid
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on continual basis
- Complete tasks that require working with hands overhead
- Use a stand-up or sit-down forklift, intermittently for up to twelve hours per day
- Type, using a computer keyboard, intermittently for up to twelve hours per day
- Walk unlimited distances each day.
- Frequently walk up and down multiple levels of steps, multiple times a day, up to 8.5 levels - carrying tool bag, materials, or other supplies that weigh 25 lbs on average
- Occasionally climb ladders or ledges, with tie-off equipment when required
- Frequently bend at waist 90 degrees and flex at knees 120 degreesWear required personal protective equipment, including hearing, eye, foot and dust protection.Perceive visual and audible alarms and telephones while wearing hearing protection
Education Level: High School
Career Level: experienced
How To Apply: https://jobs.colgate.com/
- Competive Salary
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage for employee and eligible dependents- starting on day 1
- Dental - in network restorative procedure covered at 100%, and up to $5,000 in orthodontics
- Basic Life Insuranance for you and eligilbe dependents at NO cost
- 3 weeks of Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays
- Result-based bonus program (up to 10%)
- Saving & Investment plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance - up to $10,000 per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounted Company products
View All Jobs From Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc