Operations AssistantPosition Title: Operations Assistant
Posted: April 12, 2021
Company: Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc
Website: View Website
The Operations Assistant will function in assisting Technicians with the preparation and execution of startup, changeovers and line completion. This position will have primary responsibility for executing the master sanitation functions, coordination of production materials, safety compliance, data collection, quality checks, maintaining 5S Visual Workplace, inventory (storeroom and packaging), team problem solving, and overall production support. This position works within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others throughout the facility!
This role will assist with all aspects of running automated and manual equipment throughout the production facility. They will help to perform housekeeping activities, to include line waste removal, and assessments to ensure we are meeting all regulatory needs. The Operations Assistant has the role of supporting the staging of resources needed and finished goods preparation/inspection. Other aspects of this position are as follows:
● Performs basic quality checks.
● Identifies and reports Food Safety issues to management. Completes critical training, monthly takeaways and audits
This is not an all-inclusive list of duties or functions.
We encourage and guide all employees with the understanding and the need to adhere to all Quality, GMP’s, EHS, and Safety Standards. We ask for the contribution of additional work hours when needed to meet business demands as well as willingness to cover any shift schedule, including nights and weekends. The team members have the ability to optimally connect, communicate, express ideas with other technicians, the maintenance team, the quality group, as well as members of the management team. We also ask the team to be responsible as role models displaying the Colgate Values and the Principles of Managing with Respect in order to achieve an all encompassing environment for all teammates and strong social skills.
Adaptation to a standard manufacturing environment (up to 12 hours per day):
● Ability to bend, climb, crawl, and work in confined spaces, and operate in hazardous condition spaces
● Ability to push wheeled totes containing product up to 800lbs
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
● Use a stand-up or sit-down forklift intermittently
● Frequently walk up and down multiple levels of steps, multiple times a day, up to 8.5 levels - carrying tool bag, materials, or other supplies that weigh 25 lbs. on average
● Wear required personal protective equipment
● Perceive visual and audible alarms and radio while wearing hearing protection
Working Relationships (Key partnerships and reporting relationships) Position does not supervise others:
▪ Operations Technicians
▪ Quality, Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, EOHS, HR, Finance, Procurement, etc.
▪ AIB, FDA, USDA, and other external auditing agency’s or customers
▪ External temporary and contract employees
▪ Shift Coordinators, Team Leaders, Operation Planners, and Managers
Job Type: Full Time
● High School Diploma (GED) - from an accredited institution
● Problem realization, problem solving, basic math skills, and measurement understanding
● Basic computer knowledge in Google applications
Preferred qualifications include:
● Technical College/Vocational school certificate or an Associate’s Degree in related areas of manufacturing
● Food safety experience and/or Forklift experience.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=98040&company=colgate
Great BENEFITS starting on your first day! 3 weeks VACATION PLUS 40hrs Paid Time Off (depending on your date of hire). We offer EXTREMELY competitive wages even for entry level positions.
*Tuition Reimbursement Program
*Medical, Dental, Vision
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
View All Jobs From Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc