Warehouse Material HandlerPosition Title: Warehouse Material Handler
Posted: April 7, 2021
Company: Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.
Website: View Website
Location: Cambridge City, IN Department: Warehouse Reports To: Warehouse Shift Manager
Your Role: Operate material handling equipment and palletize product for shipment according to customer standards utilizing computerized equipment.
- Safely & efficiently utilize the warehouse material handling equipment
- Build stable, well-built accurate pallet loads for shipment
- Consistently pick, load, receive, and replenish product to meet established company production and service levels
- Utilize warehouse processes to minimize damage and meet food safety requirements.
- Work to eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Schedule: Full-Time Weekend Nights; Friday – Sunday, 5:30PM – 6AM
- Environment: Warehouse environment with temperature extremes ranging from 5 degrees in frozen to ambient temperatures in dry
- Job Demands: Regular physical activity, including lifting up to 35 or 60 pounds repetitively
- You will be required to work at varying heights, and perform work with proper safety equipment
- You will be required to obtain pallet jack & narrow aisle license and forklift certifications during initial training phase
Job Type: Full Time
We Need You To Have:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a standard physical abilities test to ensure you can meet the physical demands of the job
- Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to operate powered equipment safely
We’d Like You To Have:
- High School Diploma or general equivalency degree
- Prior warehouse experience
- Successful work experience in an environment that promotes safety
- Background in a production-based job
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: entry
How To Apply: www.dotfoods.com
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Wage Range: Starts at $17.50 /hr
- $0.50 night shift differential PLUS $1.75 weekend night shift differential
- Potential productivity bonuses each pay check
- Significant advancement opportunities
- Great Benefit package
View All Jobs From Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.