Quality InspectorPosition Title: Quality Inspector
Posted: March 3, 2021
Company: Contract Industrial Tooling
Website: View Website
The Quality Inspector conducts in-process and final inspections of fabricated weldments and assemblies to ensure that customer specifications are met.
· Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor
· Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurements tests; returning products for re-work; confirming rework is completed accurately
· Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing rework and waste; inputting data into quality database
· Read blueprints and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
· Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics as required
· Determines disposition of periodic inspections and tags in accordance with procedures
· Prepare and submit reports to the Quality Manager as required
· ATTENDANCE: Good attendance includes reporting to work on time, sticking to work schedules, being prepared to start work on time, remaining on the job during the workday to complete assigned duties and limited use of unscheduled leave.
· QUALITY: Every employee has the responsibility “to do it right the first time” in order to provide the customer a product that meets their requirements
· SAFETY: All employees will wear required safety equipment and comply with company safety rules, procedures and policies at all times
· ACCOUNTIBILITY: Every employee will accept responsibility for the quantity and quality of their work and strive towards excellence.
· This job description is subject to change with or without notice.
All employees have the responsibility to contain and immediately notify management of any nonconforming product.
Job Type: Full Time
This position requires no supervisory responsibilities.
· 1+ years of quality inspection or equivalent training
· Experience in welding manufacturing environment a plus
· Experience using a variety of inspection equipment and procedures, including tape measure, calipers, micrometers, etc.
· A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
· Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face shield, gloves, PPE, etc.)
· Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management System requirements
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry/mid level
How To Apply: www.c-i-t.com
Pay based on experience
Full Time with benefits, can be explained at interview
View All Jobs From Contract Industrial Tooling