IN Trailer Spotter/Lot Check AttendantPosition Title: IN Trailer Spotter/Lot Check Attendant
Posted: January 26, 2021
Company: Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.
Website: View Website
Industry: Transportation and Logistics,Distribution/Warehousing
Location: Cambridge City, IN Department: Transportation Reports To: Whse Specialist
Your Role: Responsible for using yard management system to assist in performing product and temperature integrity checks. Will be trained to safely and efficiently move trailers on the lot or at the dock door
- Checks refrigerator unit operations to ensure adequate product and temperature integrity.
- Perform lot and /or yard checks.
- Performs trailer washing, as needed
- Safely and efficiently moves trailers between pads, doors and buildings on a timely basis
- Perform fuel checks on reefer trailers, and fuel as needed
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Schedule – Part-time – Weekend evenings, weekend days, and/or week night evenings
- Work Environment - Temperature extremes (summer and winter conditions) working in both indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
Job Type: Part Time
We Need You To Have:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree.
- Ability to pass physical abilities test to meet standards of job
- Sufficient hearing and vision necessary to operate powered equipment safely
- Safe driving record.
We’d Like You To Have:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or experience driving commercial vehicles
- Experience in a fast-paced, safety-sensitive environment
Education Level: High School
Career Level: entry level
How To Apply: www.dotfoods.com
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 60 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive pay – Range: $14.15 - $21.23
- Family-friendly work environment
- Ongoing training and development
Safety: This position assume responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
View All Jobs From Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.