MaintenancePosition Title: Maintenance
Posted: January 19, 2021
Company: Housing Authority of the City of Richmond, IN
Industry: Government,Not For Profit
The primary purpose of this position is to perform skilled work in the maintenance and repair of public housing units, facilities, and related equipment to ensure safe, sanitary, and secure housing for residents of the Housing Authority of the City of Richmond ("HACR" or "Authority").
All activities must support the Authority's mission, strategic goals and objectives.
The position duties and responsibilities listed below summarize the general nature and scope of work:
- Responds to work orders submitted by tenants or Authority staff members and completes all assigned work in a timely manner.
- Estimates time and material required for tasks performed, maintains inventory of material and equipment need to perform duties.
- Performs maintenance on a variety of roofs, removes roof gutters and down-spouts; installs roofs and metal drains.
- Performs a variety of skilled plumbing tasks including troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving plumbing and related malfunctions; repairs and replaces water heaters.
- Prepares and renovates all vacant units for move-in, including appliance replacement/repairs.
- Performs a variety of skilled electrical tasks.
- Makes repairs in accordance with local code and the Uniform Physical Condition Standards ("UPCS").
- Operates, maintains, and repairs a variety of mechanical tools and equipment pertinent to the area of assignment including latches, planes, band saws, power saws, power sander, drills, paint sprayers, welders, plumbing snakes, rudders, routers, and grinders; ensures that tools and equipment are cared for properly; general repairs include checking and maintaining lubricant levels, timing, and replacing and adjusting worn or damaged parts.
- Performs more complex duties independently, including installation, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting of HVAC equipment as assigned.
- Provides technical and functional support to other Staff as needed.
- Documents and reports unsafe and/or unsanitary housing units or complex sites; assists in the clean-up of sites.
- Responds to emergency calls as required; works emergency and after-hours shifts as assigned required by participation in the volunteer program.
- Assists with grounds keeping duties as needed.
- Notifies supervisors concerning the need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilation equipment.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years journey-level experience in a skilled trade. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must possess a valid Indiana driver's license and be insurable under the Authority's plan. Possession of Uniform Physical Condition Standards ("UPCS") certification (or ability to acquire certification within 1 year of employment); universal Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning ("HVAC") license, Freon removal, and/or Gas Line Certification is desirable.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Non-management, Experienced, Skilled
How To Apply: Submit resume with cover letter, work history and references by February 1, 2021 to: Derek White, Executive Director Housing Authority of the City of Richmond, 58 S 15th St, Richmond, IN 47374
$15.00/hour starting salary
Insurance/Benefits (Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Personal Days, Paid Holidays, Pension Plan) provided to full-time employees
View All Jobs From Housing Authority of the City of Richmond, IN