Hardwoods SupervisorPosition Title: Hardwoods Supervisor
Posted: January 4, 2021
Company: Manpower Richmond
Website: View Website
As a Hardwoods Supervisor, you will be responsible for the production of hardwood caskets and the supervision of all employees within hardwoods area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Supervise and coach employees to be safe, and produce quality products in a productive environment
• Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities while adhering to schedules.
• Track productivity by associate and operation to assure efficient product flow of components to finished goods
• Produce work standard instruction documents using photos and Excel spreadsheets
• Assist in building caskets using hand tools and machinery.
• Supervise the use of automated machinery, such as computerized numerical control (CNC) machines.
• Supervise the set-up, and operation of saws, molders, planers, sanders, gluing equipment, and finish lines
• Maintain adequate inventory of work in process and raw materials, placing orders as required
• Maintain work areas and equipment used in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety regulations. Make reports and maintain records as required.
• The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
• Ability to work first or second shift, including some weekends and overtime.
Job Type: Full Time
• 2 years supervision in a wood working environment
• At least 3 years of Supervisory experience
• Knowledge and some proficiency in MS Office – Outlook, Excel
• Previous woodworking experience
• Knowledge of OSHA standards. 10 Hour OSHA training required. 30 hour OSHA training preferred.
• Able to follow OSHA Safety Standards.
• High School diploma
• Associates degree or vocational certificate from an accredited program is a plus.
The employee is regularly required to sit, bend, twist, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs or greater.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Mid level
How To Apply: Submit Resume to email@example.com
Pay $25-$30/hour. Full benefits including Life, Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, 401K and paid holidays!
View All Jobs From Manpower Richmond