Packaging Technician 1Position Title: Packaging Technician 1
Posted: November 14, 2020
Company: Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc
Website: View Website
The Packaging Technician is responsible for the operation, changeover and set-up of settings for the packaging lines. The primary accountability of the role includes daily production, quality, sanitation, safety compliance and maintenance of the equipment. Technicians require the knowledge and operation of packaging technologies (i.e. inclusive of Scales through Stretchwrap and all equipment in between). This position is expected to have basic maintenance and advanced troubleshooting knowledge to optimize line performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Completes all quality, regulatory and compliance related documentation as required
▪ Conducts line set-up, adjustments and changeovers for different product and/or bag sizes
▪ Communicates with Planner/Scheduler and colleagues to ensure schedule adherence (includes bin management, packaging materials, schedules, regrind, etc.)
▪ Performs advanced troubleshooting and resolves issues to keep the line operating
▪ Conducts Preventative Maintenance and Autonomous Maintenance on equipment as well as additional FP&R responsibilities
▪ Performs all basic transactions in SAP, OPERA, EAM, Wonderware, Plant Floor Systems, etc. related to packaging
▪ Transfers information to on-coming shift to include current product run, issues, watchouts, etc. to ensure a smooth transition
▪ Ability to create, convert and confirm work orders in the EAM system
▪ Performs job tasks with adherence to Food Safety requirements and best practices.
▪ Ability to create production orders in SAP.
▪ Understands and complies with Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety. Identifies and reports Food Safety issues to management. Completes necessary training, monthly learnings and audits, as well as train Ops Assistants
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
Job Type: Full Time
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● Basic computer skills, MS Excel, MS Word
Basic understanding of mathematical calculations, weights and measurements
* 1 year Packaging experience on a Theile or SN equipment
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Mid Level Technician
How To Apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=92510&company=colgate
Hill's offer competative wages as well as quarterly bonus potentials and great benefits packages.
View All Jobs From Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc