Processing Technician 1Position Title: Processing Technician 1
Posted: November 14, 2020
Company: Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc
Website: View Website
The Processing Technician is responsible for the set-up, operation, changeover and adjustment of settings of their equipment in order to produce a quality product in the most efficient method possible. Processing technician also performs autonomous maintenance and housekeeping on their machinery and work environment. This position is expected to have basic maintenance and advanced troubleshooting knowledge of equipment in work area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Operates and monitors production equipment through computer terminals, control panels and/or manually.
▪ Completes all quality, regulatory and compliance related documentation as required
▪ Conducts line set-up and changeovers of production equipment for different diets and processes
▪ Conducts Preventative Maintenance and Autonomous Maintenance on equipment as well as additional FP&R responsibilities
▪ Performs advanced troubleshooting and resolves issues to keep the line operating.
▪ Performs all basic transactions in SAP, Opera, EAM, Wonderware, SFR related to Processing. Utilizes reporting and information systems to complete log sheets, report quality checks.
▪ Conducts cleaning, set up, material replenishment to insure the following shift is prepared to maximize production by correctly transferring working activities to the next shift.
▪ Ability to create, convert and confirm work orders in the EAM system
▪ Ability to create production orders in SAP.
▪ Understands and complies with Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety. Identifies and reports Food Safety issues to management. Participates and completes necessary training, monthly learning and audits, as well as train Ops Assistants
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
Job Type: Full Time
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic computer skills, MS Excel, MS Word
Problem assessment, problem solving and basic math skills
Minimum of 1 year food extrusion experience
Manufacturing experience in human, pet food, pharmaceuticals or a
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Mid Level Technician
How To Apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=92509&company=colgate
Hill's offer competitive wages along with quarterly bonus potentials and amazing benefits packages.
View All Jobs From Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc