Operations AssistantPosition Title: Operations Assistant
Posted: November 14, 2020
Company: Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc
Website: View Website
The Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting Technicians with the preparation and execution of startup, changeovers and line shut down. This position will have primary responsibility for executing the master sanitation functions, coordination of production materials, safety compliance, data collection, basic quality checks, maintaining 5S Visual Workplace, inventory (storeroom and packaging) and overall production support. The Operations Assistant works within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and support functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with startup, changeovers, and line shut down of automated and manual equipment throughout the production facility
- Performs Housekeeping activities as per master sanitation schedule, and conducts/participates in area housekeeping assessments as required to meet all GMP’s, FDA, regulatory and Corporate requirements
- Assists with finished goods preparation and inspection; including top cap placement, inspection checklist, legible date codes, quality of bag seals, and packaging inventory/put away
- Monitors and supports line operation during lunches, breaks or as needed
- Removes and disposes of Production line waste according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment throughout the production areas during operation
- Supports packaging lines with staging of resources needed based on the production schedule including hand stacking of all bag sizes
- Performs basic quality checks
- Manages Dump back/Regrind/Reblend product movement
- Attends the Shift Transition Meeting to understand current shift production schedule
- Understands and complies with Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety. Identifies and reports Food Safety issues to management. Completes necessary training, monthly learnings and audits
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
Job Type: Full Time
Basic qualifications include:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Problem assessment, problem solving and basic math skills
Basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel
Basic understanding of mathematical calculations, weights and measurements
Expected Areas of Skills/Knowledge/Abilities
▪ Complete understanding and adherence to all Quality, GMP’s, AIB and Micro [C&S Guidelines], EOHS, and safety standards and guidelines.
▪ The ability to contribute additional work hours when needed to meet business demands. Must be able to work any shift schedule, including nights and on occasion weekends.
▪ Ability to effectively communicate with other technicians, maintenance technicians, quality technicians, and member of management
▪ Responsible for role modeling the CP Values and the Principles of Managing with Respect.
▪ Ability to clearly and effectively express ideas.
▪ Teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
▪ Self-directed with strong results-oriented attitude.
▪ Planning and organizational skills.
▪ Able to work in a standard manufacturing environment:
o Ability to bend, climb, crawl, and work in confined spaces, and work in hazardous condition spaces for up to twelve hours per day.
o Ability to push totes containing product up to 800 Ibs.
o Ability to work in extreme weather conditions with temperature ranges from cold to hot and humid
o Ability to use hazardous materials
o Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly to perform quality checks on product bags, clear jams and dump back product for rework. Consequences of not being able to lift these bags include having to scrap the materials rather than reworking the product in the production process, which could result in a financial impact
o Use a stand-up or sit-down forklift, intermittently for up to twelve hours per day
o Walk unlimited distances each day.
o Frequently walk up and down multiple levels of steps, multiple times a day, up to 8.5 levels - carrying tool bag, materials, or other supplies that weigh 25 lbs. on average
o Occasionally climb ladders or ledges, with tie-off equipment when required
o Frequently bend at waist 90 degrees and flex at knees 120 degrees
o Wear required personal protective equipment, including hearing, eye, foot and dust protection.
o Perceive visual and audible alarms and radio while wearing hearing protection
Receive and transmit information in person and by radio communications
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=92861&company=colgate
Hill's Offers a competative salary with entry level positions starting above $18.00 per hour. Hill's offers a quarterly bonus plan as well as a great benefits package.
View All Jobs From Hill's Pet Nutrition Indiana Inc