3rd Shift Sanitation Technician - UnionPosition Title: 3rd Shift Sanitation Technician - Union
Posted: October 15, 2020
Company: Sugar Creek
Website: View Website
Industry: Manufacturing,Food Processing
Sugar Creek Packing Co., founded in 1966, is a flourishing privately held, family owned food company. Its commitment to making the highest-quality, best-value products has allowed Sugar Creek to grow into one of the largest independent bacon processors servicing the global market.
Cleans all equipment and infrastructure in a thorough and efficient manner, with an emphasis on strictly adhering to SugarCreek safety rules and procedures. Dismantles, dry-cleans, wet-cleans, inspects and reassembles machines and equipment as directed. Protect equipment during cleaning and safely handle all chemicals used in the process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disassemble plant equipment and protect sensitive equipment from damage during sanitation process.
- Follow Standard Cleaning Procedures (SCP) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) in order to clean equipment and facility at a microbiological level.
- Follow Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- Improve sanitation process by reducing use of resources (i.e. water, wastewater, and chemicals, labor) whenever possible.
- Implement corrective actions for periodic equipment maintenance (PEM)/spoilage and process cleaning issues as directed by plant sanitarian.
- Undergo training process for the process of incorporating basic preventative maintenance (PM) duties into sanitation procedures.
- Assist with plant's pest control program.
- Assist with customer plant audits as needed.
- Ensure security of all sanitation chemicals located on premises by limiting access and monitoring/preventing leaks, spills, etc.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Some departments are colder temperatures between 30° and 40° F.
- Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats, rain suits, and other necessary equipment.
- Some travel may be required between plants.
Job Type: Full Time
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience: None required; experience in sanitation or food manufacturing operations preferred.
- Certification Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information.
- Know how to operate cleaning equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess strong attention to detail in order to remove all soils.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to follow directions. Able to follow safety procedures.
- Physical requirements are consistent with industrial sanitation positions, including but not limited to:
- Standing for long periods of time
- Moderate lifting (2 to 40 lbs.) required throughout the day and possessing adequate trunk and arm/hand strength to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Must possess static strength to lift, push, and pull objects as needed, as well as manual dexterity for manipulating or moving objects.
- May have to occasionally climb to dislodge or remove raw material.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: https://usr57.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/sugarcreek/Posting/View/1505
Reference Code: 1017
Comprehensive and affordable benefits package with paid time off after 90 days
TIME AWAY FROM WORK
- $16.00 an hour to start
- Two weeks vacation after one year of employment
- Paid holidays
- Paid floating holidays
- Unpaid personal days
View All Jobs From Sugar Creek