IN Trailer SpotterPosition Title: IN Trailer Spotter
Posted: September 10, 2020
Company: Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.
Website: View Website
Industry: Distribution/Warehousing,Transportation and Logistics
Location: Cambridge City, IN Department: Transportation Reports to: Warehouse Specialist
Your Role: Responsible for safely and efficiently spotting trailers on the lot or at the dock door per instructions from the operations clerks
- Safely and efficiently moves trailers between pads, doors and buildings on a timely basis.
- Slides tandems effectively to meet state bridge laws.
- Accurately weighs loaded trailers.
- Inspects spotter tractors, performs basic maintenance and fueling, and reports equipment problems.
- Checks refrigerator unit operations to ensure adequate product and temperature integrity.
- Performs trailer washing, as needed.
- Perform lot and /or yard checks
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Schedule – Full Time, Night Shift, schedule TBD
- Work Environment - Temperature extremes (summer and winter conditions) working in both indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
Job Type: Full Time
We Need You To Have:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree.
- Ability to pass physical abilities test to meet standards of job and DOT requirements
- Sufficient hearing and vision necessary to operate powered equipment safely
- Safe driving record.
We’d Like You To Have:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsements.
- Experience in a fast-paced, safety-sensitive environment
Safety: This position assume responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: entry level
How To Apply: www.dotfoods.com
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive pay – Range: $13.75 - $20.62
- $0.50 night shift differential/ $1.75 weekend night shift differential
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Family-friendly work environment
- Ongoing training and development
View All Jobs From Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.