Communications CoordinatorPosition Title: Communications Coordinator
Posted: September 2, 2020
Company: Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce
Website: View Website
Industry: Not For Profit
The Communications Coordinator supports the organization's mission, strategic objectives, and plan of work by providing a wide variety of professional support. The position provides direct support for the President/CEO.
- Responsible for developing and managing all Chamber marketing plans in conjunction with appropriate committee chairs and with the approval of the President.
- Manage social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and others, as appropriate.
- Further develop and maintain the Chamber's website utilizing the content management system. Highlight member businesses, programs, events and information relevant to the business community in Wayne County. Write content including posts, overviews and promotions.
- Oversee the publication of the annual report, press releases, e-newsletter and the weekly digital publication, Around the Chamber. Write content including articles, summaries, and promotions.
- Ensure marketing supplies are up to date and replenished.
- Manage an accurate database of members and their representatives.
Buy Local Committee
- Serve as the staff lead for this committee and work hand-in-hand with the committee chair to promote small businesses and provide support for their growth.
- Maintain relationships with Main Street organizations in Richmond, Centerville, Cambridge City and Hagerstown.
- Provide direct support for the President & CEO
o Coordinate legislative events
o Prepare presentations, letters, certificates, agendas/minutes, etc.
o Assist with scheduling
o Provide phone coverage
- Cheerfully provide coverage for other staff, as necessary. A small staff requires overlap and collaboration. While each have duties they oversee, there are many instances in which staff must assist in areas outside of their job descriptions.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Perform duties with little oversight.
- Clearly communicate with Chamber members and leaders at all levels in their career.
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills and an eye for graphic design are imperative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Photoshop preferred.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, as required, for special events or occasional after-hours meetings.
- Strong desire to do quality work in a timely manner.
- Experience in photography is a plus but not required.
- The selected candidate will have a good sense of "grit "as defined by Wikipedia: "perseverance of effort combined with the passion for a particular long-term goal."
Job Type: Full Time
Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or another relevant major is preferred. Will substitute experience and demonstrated capabilities, if necessary.
Education Level: Associate's Degree
Career Level: Experienced
How To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Melissa@WCAreaChamber.org
Benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, life), paid days off, holidays
Enjoy working growing in a dynamic, high-functioning team environment!
View All Jobs From Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce