Casting Operator - 2nd Shift OpeningsPosition Title: Casting Operator - 2nd Shift Openings
Posted: August 18, 2020
Company: Omen USA Inc
Website: View Website
· This position will be required to operate Die Cast Machines.
· Must visually observe any defect on parts after casting occurs.
· Understand casting defects and probable causes and report issues to supervisor/Quality Department.
· Perform proper set-up and calibration procedures for all equipment and accessories to be used on projects.
· Ensure that every casting machine procedure is done in accordance with the strict guidelines of the company.
· Maintain equipment and supplies.
· Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Document actions by completing production and quality logs hourly.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational/training opportunities.
· Inspect the work area and machines that were used during the day prior to leaving at the end of each shift.
· Assist with maintenance of die cast machines (i.e. cleaning, proper fluid levels, etc.)
· Assist with die set-ups and/or changes.
· Ensure routing sheet is filled out and attached to totes before allowing removal from your area.
· Maintain a safe work environment, follow OSHA standards as well as safety policies set forth by Omen USA.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the Die Cast Supervisor or the Die Cast Manager, with the ability to cross train and work in several departments during the "start-up" phase.
Job Type: Full Time
· High School diploma/GED required
· Prior Die Cast experience, preferred but not required
· Experience in a manufacturing facility
· Good organizational skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to read measuring equipment (e.g. tape measure, gages, etc.)
· Knowledge of operation of Buhler Die Cast Machine is a plus
· This position is full time, hourly, overtime is anticipated and will be required at times. Position is located in Richmond, IN.
· Physical requirements are consistent with manufacturing-type and die casting foundry positions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and lift 50lbs.
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
· Excellent attendance is necessary.
· This position will be required to read and comprehend verbal and written instruction and to effectively count and perform basic math problems
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person @ 1600 Rich Road, Richmond
Pay - $15.00 (plus shift differential)
· We offer competitive wages and benefits package of health, life, dental, vision, disability, vacation, paid holidays, personal time, and 401k. Omen, USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View All Jobs From Omen USA Inc