IN Garage Diesel Technician - Level 2Position Title: IN Garage Diesel Technician - Level 2
Posted: July 31, 2020
Company: Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.
Website: View Website
Industry: Transportation and Logistics,Skilled Trades,Auto/Diesel Technology
Location: Cambridge City, IN Department: Garage Reports To: Garage Manager
Your Role: A Garage Technician / Mechanic is responsible for performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance on our fleet of diesel trucks and/or Refrigerated and dry van trailers. Key duties will include:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and overhaul brake, HVAC, and major drive line component systems
- Diagnostics and repair of electrical, lighting, and onboard vehicle computer systems
- Provide breakdown support to drivers and other distribution center garage employees
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures utilized to maintain the company fleet of diesel truck and trailer assets per established company procedures
- Accurately documents all work performed
- Maintain the shop area in a clean, safe and professional manner
- Applies lean thinking and tools to eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Schedule: Full Time; Schedule to be determined, must have flexibility for on call status
- Work both inside and outside in all weather conditions
- Regular moving and lifting of heavy objects and machinery up to 75 pounds
Job Type: Full Time
We Need You To Have:
- Minimum of 2 years mechanic experience or technical school graduate
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 75 lbs as needed
We’d Like You To Have:
- History of performing specialized troubleshooting and repairs using manufacturer diagnostic tools
- Previous experience providing support and leadership to other technicians and mechanics
- Prior leadership or supervisory experience
- Desire to be a strong team player working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A valid class A CDL
Education Level: High School
Career Level: skilled
How To Apply: www.dotfoods.com
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
Competitive pay: $18.02 - $27.03
Full benefits package - including medical, dental, 401k and profit-sharing
Family-friendly work environment
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
View All Jobs From Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.