IN Garage Diesel Technician - Level 1Position Title: IN Garage Diesel Technician - Level 1
Posted: July 31, 2020
Company: Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.
Website: View Website
Industry: Transportation and Logistics,Skilled Trades,Auto/Diesel Technology
Location: Cambridge City, IN Department: Garage Reports To: Garage Manager
Your Role: A Garage Technician / Mechanic performs preventative maintenance, repairs, and other routine job functions assigned as needed to service the company fleet of truck and trailer equipment.
Key duties may include:
· Routine job functions depending on area of garage assigned include washing, fueling, bulkhead repairs, and mounting tires
· Provide breakdown support to drivers and other team members as assigned
· Accurately documents all work performed
· Maintain the shop area in a clean, safe and professional manner
· Applies lean thinking and tools to eliminate waste in all areas of the position
· Schedule: Full Time; Schedule to be determined
· Work both inside and outside in all weather conditions
· Extensive standing and/or walking on concrete surfaces
Job Type: Full Time
We Need You To Have:
· High school diploma or GED
· Valid driver license
· Mechanical background
· Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
We’d Like You To Have:
· Previous mechanic experience or technical school training
· Valid Class A CDL
· Desire to be a strong team player working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Education Level: High School
Career Level: entry level
How To Apply: www.dotfoods.com
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
· Wage Range: $13.65 - $20.62
· Full benefits package - including medical, dental, 401k and profit-sharing
· Family-friendly work environment
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
View All Jobs From Dot Foods, Inc. / Dot Transportation, Inc.