QA Lab TechnicianPosition Title: QA Lab Technician
Posted: June 22, 2020
Company: DAK Americas, LLC
Website: View Website
DAK Americas is a fast growing company with core businesses comprised of Terephthalic Acid (TPA), PET Container Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF). DAK Americas is not only strong at its core, it is using its knowledge and experience to build a growing presence in its Specialty Polymers and GreenPET (recycled and renewable raw materials) businesses.
On February 1, 2019 DAK completed the acquisition of the PET Recycling Facility in Richmond, IN, USA from Perpetual Recycling Solutions.
The Richmond recycling operations produce high quality Food-grade rPET flake with an annual capacity of ~100 million lbs/yr (~45,000 tons/yr) rPET flake. The Richmond facility compliments Alpek Polyester’s current rPET operations by producing Food-grade rPET recycling. The acquisition demonstrates Alpek Polyester’s on going commitment to sustainable product offerings and meet growing customer and consumer demand for rPET content.
Job Type: Full Time
Basic Function of Position: Provide quality assurance for raw materials and finished goods through inspection and testing. Monitor, track, and record material quality data.
· Sample in-process and finished goods as required by Quality Manager and company policies. Determine quality levels, determine pass or fail of material, quantify the results, and record data.
· Sample and test incoming raw materials, by-products or work in process as required and classify by grade. Grade incoming bales and enter results in SAP. Send detailed information about D grade material to Corporate Procurement.
· Maintain all databases and records for the department. Must be able to learn to use Microsoft Office (excel) and SAP software.
· Issue Certificate of Analysis (COA) and other quality documentation as required or requested.
· Provide immediate feedback to Production Operators and Shift Managers regarding out of compliance conditions and note that corrections to this condition are made.
· Test and monitor wash line chemicals for alkalinity.
· Test and monitor boiler chemicals.
· Test and monitor effluent from the wastewater treatment system.
· Ensure all equipment calibrations are current and track calibrations in system log.
· Maintain retained sample program for all final products.
· Support safety initiative through active membership in Safety Committee.
· Follow all applicable company and plant Quality, Safety, and Housekeeping rules.
· High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
· Working knowledge of ISO standards.
· Minimum two (2) years quality testing experience.
· Requires knowledge of laboratory environments including equipment, chemicals, and supplies. Must understand the importance of following procedures and accurately recording test results.
· Requires walking/standing approximately 90% of the time; lifting up to 25 lbs. less than 5% of time; involves stooping, forward bending, and crouching approximately 10% of time.
· Strong quality orientation and high attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to mulit-task
· Must be able to work and perform in a team environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong listening skills. Able to understand and take direction from management.
· Ability to perform data entry into computer system. Ability to print reports.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Semi-skilled
How To Apply: send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Code: QA062020
Hourly wage = $16.40/hr. plus full benefits package including generous 401k contributions
$0.50/hr Shift premium for scheduled hours 7pm-7am
Incentive bonus program
Continental Schedule 2/2/3 rotation