Production AssociatePosition Title: Production Associate
Posted: February 12, 2020
Company: Sugar Creek
Website: View Website
Industry: Food Processing,Manufacturing
Work in production line conducting various duties, including picking up product from load-in, loading and removing product from production line, and rotating to various positions along the production line as needed. Follow instructions from Line Lead and Production Supervisor/Departmental Manager. Work diligently to ensure efficient and timely function of product line.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort and pack various types of food products.
- Seal and secure packaging in accordance with product specifications and requirements.
- Maintain production line efficiency by clearing jams and following proper lockout/tagout safety procedures.
- Maintain production line efficiency by folding cardboard boxes and other packaging types as needed.
- Use pallet jack to move larger quantities of product.
- Inspect labeling to ensure the label is accurate and contains proper dates and product types.
- Open different types of packaging containing raw materials.
- Use various types of machines, including but not limited to ovens, slicers, sorting machines, packaging machines, and other types of industrial food-processing equipment.
- Notify Line Lead, Production Supervisor, or Plant Management of any mechanical or material issues.
- Rotate to various positions along the line as needed or instructed by Line Lead, Supervisor or Plant Management.
- Occasionally help in the packing up and moving of various equipment or lines, including but not limited to wrapping, boxing, and moving various machines and related parts.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Attend training, and demonstrate retention of that training, for the safe and clean operation of machinery in the assigned department or on the assigned line.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know how to operate industrial-size equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to follow directions and multi-task efficiently.
- Possess strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Know how to strictly follow safety procedures.
Job Type: Full Time
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Previous production experience preferred.
Certification Requirements: None required.
Education Level: High School
Career Level: Entry
How To Apply: www.sugarcreek.com/careers
Reference Code: 968
Comprehensive and affordable benefits package with paid time off after 90 days.
Two weeks vacation after one year of employment
30 DAYS $12.40
90 DAYS $12.75
180 DAYS $13.05
12 MONTHS $13.20
30 DAYS $13.40
90 DAYS $13.75
180 DAYS $14.05
12 MONTHS $14.20
View All Jobs From Sugar Creek