Director of Membership & EventsPosition Title: Director of Membership & Events
Posted: November 21, 2019
Company: Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce
Website: View Website
Industry: Professional Services,Not For Profit,Business and Administrative Services
Supports the organization’s mission, strategic objectives, and plan of work by providing a wide variety of professional support and leadership.
Direct involvement and/or oversight of the Membership Outreach Committee and the Awards, Celebrations & Events Committee (ACEs) Committee. Continued growth of the committees and their engagement in the mission of the Chamber is essential.
As the lead staff person for the ACEs, this position has overall responsibility for working with volunteers and Chamber Members in the development, funding and success of the following Chamber Events.
1. Responsible for all major events, including but not limited to, the Annual Dinner, Chamber Golf Classic, Community Improvement Awards Luncheon, and Taste of Wayne County/Chamber Expo.
2. Must use the annual budget as well as any additional funds from sponsors to make effective choices for carrying out the events.
3. The Annual Dinner, Chamber Golf Classic, CIA Luncheon and Taste of Wayne County/Chamber Expo are considered major fundraisers for the Chamber each year and are expected to generate a net revenue.
4. All other events must at least break even and in the process increase exposure for the Chamber and participating Members and Sponsors.
As the lead staff person for the Membership Outreach Committee, this position has overall responsibility for working with committee members to grow membership and connect with our existing members, utilizing creative ways to add value to Chamber Membership.
1. Connect with current and potential members on a weekly basis. The goal is to grow the Membership total during each calendar year.
2. Meet with potential members and identify ways the Chamber can help their business growth.
3. Conduct new member onboarding/orientation meetings.
4. Staff lead for all Chamber 5:35 networking events.
5. Coordinate annual member renewal and retention process.
6. Assist President with Partner Program – responsibility for sales and service for these key members. The goal is to grow this group and total dollars each year.
7. Enhance member value and awareness of Chamber services. Utilize membership software and maintain database.
Responsibilities for Chamber membership initiatives and office administration
Perform other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Job Type: Full Time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or Associate’s Degree and at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role including event planning, budgeting, and implementation. Familiarity with the community is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to work independently as well as take direction from leaders.
2. Ability to effectively and cooperatively work with all Chamber staff and volunteers in a collaborative and team-oriented approach and in doing so perform related duties as assigned with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to handle multiple priorities and pay close attention to detail.
4. Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing to members, staff, the general public, and government officials.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all documents, records and reports.
6. Ability to quickly learn and adhere to standard operating procedures of the Chamber.
7. Working knowledge of the Chamber’s computers, programs, and database management systems including: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Publisher.
8. Working knowledge of basic office equipment.
1. Must be available to work flexible work schedule.
2. Must demonstrate strong desire to do quality work in a team environment.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: 3 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role including event planning, budgeting, and implementation.
How To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Melissa@WCAreaChamber.org
Salary based on experience.
View All Jobs From Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce