Lab CoordinatorPosition Title: Lab Coordinator
Posted: August 30, 2019
Company: Indiana University East
Website: View Website
Industry: Professional Services
Indiana University East is accepting applications for the Lab Coordinator position within the School of Natural Science and Mathematics. The coordinator manages the day-to-day operations of the science laboratories and coordinates with faculty to ensure continued renewal and relevance of the labs for the courses they serve. The person directs the activities of the laboratory areas including supervision of lab staff; preparation of instructional materials for laboratory courses; development and set-up of labs; managing of chemicals and supplies; maintenance of lab equipment; training and supervision of lab and research staff in technical procedures and using lab equipment; setting of schedules; maintain of laboratory function and safety in compliance with regulatory agencies; and providing laboratory instruction as needed. The Laboratory Coordinator manages the workflow in the science labs and reports to the Chair of the Department of Natural Sciences.
** See full job posting on our web site.
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or related discipline.
• Combinations of related education and experience may be considered. Teaching laboratories in biology or chemistry is contingent on qualifications and experience.
• Demonstrate effective leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple people working on diverse tasks in parallel.
• Knowledge of and ability to use professional lab principles, concepts, and procedures.
• Ability to follow established guidelines, identify errors, and resolve problems.
• Ability to take initiative of projects and make decisions independently and in emergencies.
• Ability to triage, diagnose, and prioritize issues in the laboratories, and to be able to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
• A demonstrated ability to work in a professional and collaborative team environment.
• Good time-management skills.
• Ability to effectively utilize physical and financial resources.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Proficiency with computer applications including spreadsheets.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: experience skilled
How To Apply: http://www.iue.edu/hr/apply/
Salary will range between $41,308-$42,500, commensurate with experience. IU East offers an excellent benefit package to qualifying employees
View All Jobs From Indiana University East