Degree Audit SpecialistPosition Title: Degree Audit Specialist
Posted: August 30, 2019
Company: Indiana University East
Website: View Website
Industry: Professional Services,Education,Business and Administrative Services
Indiana University East is accepting applications for the Degree Audit Specialist position within the Office of the Registrar. The position will perform the duties of a business analyst regarding the initial coding, maintenance and modification of the Academic Advising Report (a.k.a., degree audit) in the IU Student Information System (SIS) by acquiring and documenting unique information about academic program plans, grade requirements, course equivalencies, and degree requirements and by guiding the implementation, modifications, and upgrades to this environment for the East Campus. Document complex processes and contribute to the delivery of training and orientation to functional representatives in the departments, schools, and academic units in support of the Academic Advising Report (AAR) – Degree Audit. Incumbent is expected to handle multiple responsibilities, solve problems and ensure that systems and processes meet service expectations and strategic goals for records and registrations. The Degree Audit Specialist will have the primary role of ensuring the accuracy of all degree audits across campus. Provides high-level support to academic units and the Registrar’s Office to facilitate student degree progress. Develops and maintains degree requirement tables within the student information system (SIS) in order that students and advisors can retrieve/receive accurate information on curriculum completion. Responsible for degree audit activities including coding, maintenance, and interpretation of data specific to this system. Trains campus community on interpretation and utilization of the degree audit system. The incumbent is expected to use initiative and independent judgment in ensuring the continued accuracy of academic advisement reports (AAR’s) and degree maps as institutional, program, and general education requirements change (resolving exceptions, course substitutions, and other accommodations which can directly improve the effectiveness and relevance of the maps). In the absence of the Registrar, the incumbent may assume a broader scope of responsibilities for the day-to-day operations and decisions regarding general office commitments, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
**See full job posting on our web site.
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: Some college required, Bachelor’s degree in a related field strongly preferred.
Minimum Experience: Three (3) years of progressive experience in Higher Education (a combination of related education and experience will be considered). Proficiency in working with spreadsheets, and a high level of attention to detail are essential. Previous experience with software programs, customer service, exercising independent judgement, and scheduling experience is desirable.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Exceptional skill in organizational and time management with demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and effectively execute multiple initiatives; meeting established deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills is expected, with the demonstrated ability to establish and develop productive and collegial relationships, collaboration and the ability to communicate with IU East and Indiana University constituencies.
• Ability to provide training to end-users in the software programs under the purview of this position.
• Aptitude to collect, compile, analyze and evaluate information, as well as perform math computations.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in reviewing and screening transcripts when determining eligibility and evaluating special circumstances.
• Skilled at working with confidential and sensitive information and records, along with the ability to commit to the highest ethical standards while working successfully with first-generation and low income students, as well as students with disabilities is necessary.
Education Level: Associate's Degree
Career Level: entry level
How To Apply: http://www.iue.edu/hr/apply/
Salary will range between $40,000-$42,000, commensurate with experience. IU East offers an excellent benefit package to qualifying employees.
View All Jobs From Indiana University East