Youth LeaderPosition Title: Youth Leader
Posted: August 5, 2019
Company: Fellowship Church Richmond
Website: View Website
Industry: Not For Profit
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministries at all levels at Fellowship Church of Richmond. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
1. Be an advocate for youth and educate the church about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the church and community.
2. Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
3. Support and guide the work of the Pastor and Church body in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry.
4. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
5. Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programs and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
6. Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
7. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
8. Coordinate Religious Education curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers.
9. Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
10. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the church as a whole.
11. Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
12. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
13. Ensure that the Safe Environment policies are observed in all youth ministry settings.
Job Type: Part Time
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and theology.
a. A degree in Pastoral Ministry, Theology or related field is preferred but not required.
b. Have some related experience as Youth Leader or Youth Pastor
3. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of Fellowship Church.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and some computer skills.
5. Must posses a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced in youth ministry or related field
How To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience
View All Jobs From Fellowship Church Richmond