Financial Aid CounselorPosition Title: Financial Aid Counselor
Posted: June 7, 2019
Company: Indiana University East
Website: View Website
Indiana University East is accepting applications for the Financial Aid Counselor within the Office of Financial Aid. The primary responsibilities of the counselor will be to process financial aid applications to ensure timely receipt of aid by students; research and resolve issues preventing awarding and disbursing of aid; update student financial aid data in PeopleSoft as required; respond to student email questions, particularly in peak periods of activity. The responsibilities of the counselor will be to provide guidance and advise students in regards to student loan eligibility, indebtedness and repayment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities :
Counsels students and families of diverse backgrounds on financial aid programs, policies, procedures, college expenses and academic standards required for the receipt of financial aid. Analyzes complex, detailed financial documents and financial aid applications to determine student eligibility for financial aid and the amount and means of financial aid awards.
Provides technical expertise, researches student options using available electronic resources within PeopleSoft and national databases to resolve technical problems or questions and alerts supervisor appropriately to unresolved issues.
Recalculate student eligibility based on corrections made by the student or the financial aid office. Communicate with aid applicants to clarify discrepant information. Resolve other Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) issues as required.
Maintains spreadsheets for various institutional programs for tracking and balancing purposes; ensures accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations. Performs other duties related to those described herein and as assigned by the professional staff in the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Job Type: Full Time
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge of PeopleSoft or other highly automated software system required.
Other attributes of the position include:
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial records and financial aid applications, state and federal regulations, institutional summaries and reports.
• Capacity to utilize integrated student databases and other computer technology.
• Aptitude to solve problems and to formulate operational plans and institutional strategies that integrate legal requirements and institutional goals.
• Ability to communicate successfully in both oral and written form, speak before public groups and counsel students and their parents.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, state and federal personnel and the public, and to understand and demonstrate sensitivity concerning socio-economic, academic, cultural and ethnic diversity within higher education.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: experience skilled
How To Apply: http://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/74739
The starting salary range for this position is $31,500 to $33,500 ($15.14 - $16.11 hourly). IU East offers an excellent benefit package. For more information, please click http://www.indiana.edu/~uhrs/benefitsvideo
View All Jobs From Indiana University East